Justice For Kathleen & Stacy
March 28, 2024, 07:01:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To Justice For Kathleen & Stacy

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

07/12/08 - Geraldo At Large Transcript W/Matt William Phelps

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 07/12/08 - Geraldo At Large Transcript W/Matt William Phelps  (Read 2404 times)
HeDidIt

View Profile WWW
« on: July 13, 2008, 01:59:13 am »

Transcript of Geraldo At Large with Matt William Phelps:

Air date: 7/12/08
Fox News Channel

GR: Now to the further adventures- I should say misadventures of Drew Peterson, the disgraced former police Sergeant from suburban Chicago, whose third wife, Kathleen, who was murdered in her bathtub and whose fourth wife Stacy is still missing and presumed dead. Peterson is the only known and announced suspect at least in the death of Stacy, the fourth wife, the Grand Jury is currently investigating both deaths and is expected to have its ruling by the end of summer. But a couple of months ago, Peterson reached out to my next guest, to write a book from Drew’s point of view, investigative author (pans to screen shot of author) Matt William Phelps joins me now to join tell us exactly what it was (screen shot of author's latest book: “I’ll Be Watching You”) that Peterson wanted him to write, uh, welcome, uh, Matt, I appreciate you being here. First of all, did he express any sympathy or, or, uh, you know, or longing or any kind of humane feeling for either his third or fouth wives?

MWP: Nah, ah, I mean no, that wasn’t part of the conversation at all uh and it – the conversation was about what can I get, okay? What can I get? Drew Peterson – I wanna tell my story okay? I don’t want money for it, the money will go into a separate account for my kids and yadda , yadda, yadda. But to answer your question, absolutely not.

GR: So did it seem to you that he was trying to show you evidence that would place blame for Kathleen’s death on fourth wife Stacy?

MWP: Uh, he, uh like I said in the audio tape you played earlier, the the jist of what he said, yes, they wanted me to trash the victims uh, that’s what I felt like anyway. (screen fades into family photo of Stacy, Drew and children by fireplace) Okay, they didn’t come out and say this – they uh meaning uh the Drew and Joel Brodsky (screen fades into additional family photo fireplace, Christmas stockings hung)

GR: His lawyer?

MWP: Right, they didn’t come out and say this, but that’s how I felt, that why I said uh you know that comment about I, I felt like I had to take a shower after talking to this guy (fade in wedding photo, Cassandra, Stacy, Drew and baby) because I felt that, that all they wanted to do was have me, the writer, to talk bad things about Stacy and Kathleen and I wasn’t gonna do that, alright? I spend a lot of my time in my books on victim's stories.

GR: Okay now your uh, latest book, I’ll Be Watching You, uh, about a serial murder case but uh, I just wanna get to the bottom line here, they are writing a book because Brodsky, the attorney has not yet been paid, Drew Peterson is living on his pension I assume, and whatever else he got from the estates of his wives, although some of that is going to be tested now in uh, probate court. Uh, is this a payday and will he successfully sell it?

MWP: That’s the, that’s absolutely feeling I got – that the publicist and Joel Brodsky haven’t been paid for anything and they wanna cash out now.

GR: Cash out?

MWP: And will they sell it? Uh? I’m not gonna do it.

GR: I hope the Grand Jury buys it. Thank you Matt William Phelps, author of I’ll Be Watching You

*Transcribed by me, may not be precisely accurate down to each utterance, but pretty darn close.
Report Spam   Logged

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.~There are horrible people who, instead of solving a problem, tangle it up and make it harder to solve for anyone who wants to deal

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

bloggess

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 04:44:55 am »

Just remember folks, Greta and Nancy are not giving this case the time of day anymore.   If Ashley had posted her info 6 months ago...can you imagine? Hats off to Geraldo for keeping it real...and alive! IMO and Jmo
Report Spam   Logged

UGH! What happened to Kathleen and Where is Stacy?
modsquad

It's only a matter of time

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 10:07:53 am »

Here is a youtube video of Geraldo At Large  W/Matt William Phelps

http: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYWrUE23JXE
Report Spam   Logged

carolyn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 10:32:35 am »

Thanks for the information..I didnt know that Joel hadent been paid,not that I really care-I thought thats what Drews website was for before it was taken down,to pay Joel.I thought Joel also said Drew will have to sell his Plane etc...soon for legal bills?Anyway now I know why the Book,so Drew wouldnt have to sell  his toys !Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
L. B. Jefferies

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 01:12:12 pm »

Just remember folks, Greta and Nancy are not giving this case the time of day anymore.   If Ashley had posted her info 6 months ago...can you imagine? Hats off to Geraldo for keeping it real...and alive! IMO and Jmo

I'm not surprised that Greta is not touching the Ashely info, but surely thought Nancy G. would by now.

Wondering why not anyone in media is touching it.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm totally supportive of Ashley & have no doubts about her or her info, just puzzling why no media has touched this info!
Report Spam   Logged
HeDidIt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 01:16:35 pm »

The media has reported. Why NG or GVS et al have not picked up on it? Maybe Ashley is not ready to talk to them yet.

To quote a line from U2:

"It's alright, it's alright, it's all-right, she moves in mysterious ways."

I just keep watching  Shocked

Report Spam   Logged

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.~There are horrible people who, instead of solving a problem, tangle it up and make it harder to solve for anyone who wants to deal
HeDidIt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 01:26:53 pm »

Comment at Legal Pub:

http://legalpublication.blogspot.com/2008/07/do-snakes-in-religious-ceremonies.html

Joel A. Brodsky said...
If trading in snakes is illegal then FOX News Channel should be charged for selling the Geraldo Rivera show. Jerry Rivers (Geraldo's real name) is a snake if there ever was one. Then Fox can assert the 1st amendment as a defense, just like Mr. Coot can.

July 13, 2008 9:49 AM
Report Spam   Logged

facsmiley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 01:58:24 pm »

Comment at Legal Pub:

http://legalpublication.blogspot.com/2008/07/do-snakes-in-religious-ceremonies.html

Joel A. Brodsky said...
If trading in snakes is illegal then FOX News Channel should be charged for selling the Geraldo Rivera show. Jerry Rivers (Geraldo's real name) is a snake if there ever was one. Then Fox can assert the 1st amendment as a defense, just like Mr. Coot can.

July 13, 2008 9:49 AM

“While one might find much to criticize about Rivera’s reportorial techniques, his ethnicity is genuine. His father’s surname was Rivera, his given name was Gerald, and the only concession he made to fashion was to agree to go by the Spanish pronunciation of his given name to satisfy an employer who wanted an identifiably Puerto Rican reporter. In the world of television, that’s practically a refreshing authenticity.”

http://www.snopes.com/media/celebrity/geraldo.asp
Report Spam   Logged
cheena

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 02:31:41 pm »

Thanks for the transcript Heditit
Report Spam   Logged
whatajacka

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 02:35:31 pm »

It's good to see GR cover the debated book issue, however, I really don't respect GR's style of reporting.  His delivery is so "hacky" and he always seems misinformed or not really caring on the validity of his script.  For instance, he refers to the deaths of both wives -- referring to Stacy as being dead!  How can a legit reporter say that when (although we believe it to be the case), it hasn't' yet been proven.  Listen to the youtube video again and you'll see what I'm talking about.  This Matt Phelps doesn't come off as too much of a professional either -- "uh, um, um, uh, um,...."  Oh well, at least the report keeps the topic active.
Report Spam   Logged
unbelievable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 05:12:38 pm »

Thanks for the information..I didnt know that Joel hadent been paid,not that I really care-I thought thats what Drews website was for before it was taken down,to pay Joel.I thought Joel also said Drew will have to sell his Plane etc...soon for legal bills?Anyway now I know why the Book,so Drew wouldnt have to sell  his toys !Thanks

Yeah, but here is the devil in the detail again.

According to Joel and Drew proceeds from the book were supposed to go "to the children"

Joel and Drew always have two different answers within one subject matter.

Interesting observation neither Glen Selig or Joel Brodsky have been paid.

Are they still searching for the big multi million dollar bonanza to make them all rich ??

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

PS Maybe Drew can borrow some money off Joe Hosey to pay Joel and Glen !!
Report Spam   Logged
Lola

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 09:21:37 pm »

The media has reported. Why NG or GVS et al have not picked up on it? Maybe Ashley is not ready to talk to them yet.

To quote a line from U2:

"It's alright, it's alright, it's all-right, she moves in mysterious ways."

I just keep watching  Shocked

Yep!!! That is what I keep thinking too! She moves in mysterious ways! I will continue to sit back and watch/read! There is a reason for all of this I am sure!
great job Ashley!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum